Sep 16, 2025

You ever have people just get pissed off at you and cut you off?

I mean it happens to everyone and I think it even happens more so these days with social media. That’s one of the reasons I stay off social media because I can do a really good job of pissing folks off. At times I realize there isn’t much of a governor limiter that slows down the process between the brain and the mouth avoiding the potential for offense.

Sometimes, I don’t really care. I mean I might have a smidgen of regret like with the former friend who sent out a hysterical email to me portending the end of the country after George Bush (who I never voted for) got reelected. The whole screed was so over the top it was impossible to not respond… I mean just because your ‘team’ doesn’t win doesn’t mean the world will end. Just put on those big boy pants deal with it.

That was one thing but another was working with someone who I honestly thought the world of. I mean that on many levels and he’s someone I still really admire… just a really good guy who I’ve hooked up with work and things because he’s just so very talented and good. We worked together for a bit of time and developed a friendship outside of work but he had me do some freelance for him and he was just over the top.

Likely if you asked him he’d say different but whether it was the client he was dealing with or something else he become something I’d never seen which was something of a stress bunny. He has something that needed to be turned around and had a deadline of Monday but he wanted to ‘micro manage’ everything which had been unusual and out of character for him.

If there is one thing about me, I won’t be browbeaten when it comes to work. I’ll do what it takes to make deadlines and the like but leave me alone to do my work and if I miss the deadline THEN freak out. So, there was a bit of back and forth over a weekend over that and the end result was I got ghosted and never spoke with him again.

And honestly, I was sad but hey, his choice. Nonetheless I still wish him the best and think well of him and his abilities because we all have our moments and certainly at least from my side of the equation the good always outweighed the bad.

I’ll be honest, I’m curious about folks who may have been in my orbit and aren’t anymore so every now and again when I’m trying to avoid the things I should be doing, I waste my time poling around things from the past and my friend has finally done something he had been talking about which was creating his own youtube channel and doing videos and of course just like with everything else he’s really great at it.

Check out this video where he talks about your clothing choices and how they impact the environment, it’s really food for thought and helps you pocket, your wardrobe and the planet!

No comments: